Chiropractic and Pregnancy
Chiropractic helps the body’s ability to function and adapt. During pregnancy, the body goes through many changes to prepare itself for the growing baby and to get ready for birth. Chiropractic focuses on the alignment and balance of the body including the musculoskeletal and nervous system of the pelvis. Proper alignment of the can help the mother have an easier pregnancy, and can ease the birthing process.
- Restoration of balance in the pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments
- Decreases pain caused by improper biomechanics
- Reduces interference to the nervous system, which controls all of the organs and body functions
- Pelvic balance allowing the baby room to develop with minimal restrictions
- Potential for an easier delivery
- Low Back pain
- SI Joint Pain
- Neck/Shoulder pain
- Breech Position due to Pelvic Misalignment
- Center of gravity changes
- For overall, improvement in biomechanics for a more pain free pregnancy.
Dr. Deb practices the Webster Technique through the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA). This is a specific, non aggressive adjustment that eliminates interference to the nervous system restoring better function to the pelvic muscles and ligaments.